Area: 608,5 m2 / 424,6 m2 net
Land area: 755 m2
A historical stone palace for reconstruction in Prcanj, Kotor.
The palace belonged to the noble Beskuca family, it was built at the beginning of the 18th century and is a typical example of the Baroque palace of Boka Kotorksa.
It consists of 4 levels with a gross area of 608,5 m2, it is built of finely carved Korcula stone. On the ground floor is the main entrance with two small windows with a characteristic baroque profile and two coats of arms in relief. On the first floor is a balcony with a stone balustrade and three supporting profiled consoles, accessed through two portals with arched skylights decorated with metal mesh. On the last level, there is a viewpoint, the so-called belvedere, which is decorated with baroque profiled volutes.
Beskuca Palace is one of the few located on the coast, where direct and authentic contact with the sea has been preserved, with a paved courtyard in front of the palace, a ‘ponta’, and ‘mandrac’ (a quay and an enclosure for boats).
In the second half of the 19th century, the palace was a meeting place for numerous distinguished guests with whom Beskuca family had a connection. Montenegrin bishop, poet, and philosopher Petar II Petrovic Njegos also spent the summer of 1844 in the palace. In 1878, an international fleet stayed in Boka, which ensured that Turkey cedes Bar and Ulcinj to Montenegro, and on that occasion, gala dinners, games, and night parties were arranged for the commanders of various ships in the palace.
For more information about the property, fil out the form
and our property advisor will contact you.