Montenegro is a member of UN, WTO and NATO. Montenegrin tourism is developing into a major industry in the country with tourist arrivals registering a 10% increase in 2018. While the country is a part of the Eurozone, full EU membership is expected by the end of 2025.
Montenegro’s passport gives holders access to over 120 countries visa free including EU Schengen countries.CONTACT US
The model of special citizenship scheme will be a Grant (EUR 200,000) plus Investment (EUR 250,000) model. This means applicants must donate a grant to government and also invest in development projects (hotels, resorts, IT parks, commercial real estate) that create jobs and development of Montenegro.
The Montenegro Special Citizenship by Investment Program (MSCIP) will require investments in economic activity (business) that will contribute to the economic development of Montenegro and/or investment in real estate and/or payment of funds into a special account of the Budget of Montenegro.
No language tests, No business experience.
No military service required.
Free movement in EU countries and Schengen area
Invest EUR 250,000 in some of the development projects previously approved by the Government in the northern mountain region of Montenegro, or
Invest EUR 450,000 in some of the development projects previously approved by the Government in the coastal area of Montenegro.
Government fee: Additional Donation of EUR 200,000 in the form of Government fee is needed.
Application fee: The applicant must deposit 15,000 euros for an application for themselves, 10,000 euros for up to 4 family members, and 50,000 euros for each next family member, Total investment requires a minimum investment of EUR 450,000 or more. Additional due diligence and passport fee extra.
An applicant may acquire Montenegrin citizenship by admission on the basis of a special program if:
Applicants will also be charged by all costs pertaining to visa application, issuance, translation and authentication of documents, travel and accommodation expenses, bank fees and charges for all bank transfers, and other incidental costs based on their individual cases and family composition.
Montenegro encourages large investment development projects in Tourist or hotel developments
Montenegrin Government has approved a list of 4 hotels as approved real estate projects under the special economic citizenship program which is limited to 2000 investors.
Foreigners are required to invest atleast EUR 250,000 in north of Montenegro plus pay EUR 200,000 as contribution for Govt to acquire citizenship in Montenegro. The real estate investment is increased to EUR 350,000 in capital Podgorica and beach resort areas.
The list official construction of hotels and resorts approved by Government of Montenegro are:
• Condo Hotel „Kolašin Resort & Spa“, Kolašin
• Condo Hotel Breza, Kolašin
• Boka Place managed by Siro 5* - Porto Montenegro
• Amia Resort 5*, managed by Interkontinental - Canj, Bar
• Soho Resort 5*, managed by Radission - Bar, Montenegro
• Kolasin 1450, managed by Accor - Kolasin, Montenegro
• Bjelasica 1450 Kolašin
• K16 Kolašin
Buyers of residences at Porto Montenegro’s newest development, Boka Place, can secure single or multiple investments from the new Kerzner-Managed Residence portfolio to meet the CBIP minimum investment threshold.
Porto Montenegro’s newest neighborhood is home to a diverse community designed to offer the best in urban-living – with light, airy spaces that attract colorful enterprise from retail to gastronomy and everything in-between.
One of the program goals is to encourage investment across Montenegro, as well as boosting the local economy and offering a safe and secure environment for investment.
In return, investors receive:
• The 42nd ranked passport for global mobility
• Visa-free access to 123 countries including the Schengen Area, Russia and Turkey
• Official EU candidate with planned accession by 2025
• 2,000 passports available over a period of three years
• Program expires once the quota is filled or the three-year period lapses
• Successful applicants granted full citizenship within six months
• Property manager: York Hotels & Reports under the franchise of Marriott International
• Property owner: Kolasin Resort & SPA
• Location: Kolasin town, which is in the northern part of the country. The development is located on the Ski Center 1450, just few meters away from the ski slopes
• Investment option: fractional ownership (shares in the asset are sold to individual shareholders who share the benefits of the asset)
• Investment capacity: the total number of investors in this project is 240. The project has already secured financing and it can be developed without the funds that the applicants under the program are expected to invest. Applicants who invest in the project will deposit their investment in an escrow account managed by independent auditors. It is estimated that investors will get an annual return of 4% on their investment after the project is operational.
• The investment must be kept for a period of 5 years as of the date of signing of the sale agreement for the property.
• Location: Kolasin town, in the northern part of the country. Project is located in the hearth of Kolasin
• Investment option: Purchase of apartments
• Investment capacity: the total number of investors in this project is 148.
• The investment must be kept for a period of 5 years
Site for The Breza hotel resort is located in close proximity of Kolasin center, in Breza settlement. The project site extends over sloping terrain starting from 929m above the sea level, on the Tara riverbank, between Bjelasica and Sinjajevina mountains. Distance to the city center is 1.7 km, while Kolasin Ski center is situated 11,2 km away. The traffic connectin with the city center is realized through a local road accessing the main road M9, which is connected with regional road E65.
- Plot area: 6,845m2 / Hotel residential area: 6,649m2 / Total number of units: 169
- Room and apartment types: 152 double bed rooms / 7 studio apartments / 9 one-bedroom apartments / 1 two-bedroom apartment
- Residential areas of available units, meeting the minimum requirements for the Program, range between 28sq m and 44sq m
- Lobby with reception 304sq m / Lobby Bar 230sq m, with 64 seats/ Restaurant – indoor 490sq m, open terrace 345sq m / SPA and gym zone: 450sq m / Adiministration 69sq m